Tyler County Schools 2020-21 Reentry Update
Health and Safety Precautions
- All students will be provided cloth masks to wear when riding buses to and from school.
- There will be disposable masks available to students who forget their masks.
- All buses will be cleaned after each run
- To eliminate crowds, students will go directly to their homeroom, 1st period, or classroom
- Students will properly wash hands multiple times as day
- Extra handwashing breaks will be given throughout the day
- In our elementary schools, desks and play areas will be cleaned multiple times daily
- In the middle and high School, desks will be cleaned between each class
- Bathroom cleanliness will be a priority
- Classes will have dedicated areas to eat lunch.
- We will be limiting visitors into our schools.
- We will be utilizing outdoor areas as much as possible for classes when appropriate.
- Classrooms will be set up to maximize social distancing for students
- Each school will have a sickroom and well room for our nurses to utilize for students
- Staff will have daily temperature checks and screenings
- At the Middle and High School, stairwells will be designated as an “up” stairwell or a “down” stairwell.
- Staff will be in hallways during transitions to remind students of social distancing
- Staggered outside recess for our elementary students
- Provide staff, students, and parents training needed on self-care, signs of sickness, and hand washing
- As we are given more information on any guidelines, we will make sure we communicate what that looks like for our students here in Tyler County Schools
- Updates will be posted through:
- Tyler County Schools Webpage
- Local Newspapers
- School Messenger
*Please Note: If guidelines change, we will adjust our plans to maximize the time we have students in school, in a traditional setting.
Students will attend school Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Wednesday will be utilized for remote learning and the cleaning of our schools
We will stagger the start of the school year
Aug. 14th Grades 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, and 12
Aug. 17th Grades 1, 2, 7, 8, 10, and 11
Aug. 18th All Students Grades 1-12
(Kindergarten and Pre-K parents will be contacted by the school with their start dates)
We will still offer School Days Plus and Evening Activity Buses
Remote Learning Wednesdays will not be internet based instruction